Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 13


I have one very basic question: Where the heck was yoga when I was a teenager? I continue to be blown away by the life-changing insights I gain during each class about how to live my happiest life. These lessons certainly would have come in handy when I was melting down about prom dates, girlfriend issues, boyfriend issues and how I measured up.

Today’s lesson was about keeping your eyes on your own mat. The teacher said over and over again that if you were having a hard time paying attention to what you alone were doing, just close your eyes. If that’s not a life lesson, I don’t know what is! Think about it – if I could just worry about myself (WAY easier said than done) I would eliminate a huge amount of unnecessary (and often self-created!) stress in my life.

So, tomorrow’s mission: Eyes on my own mat -- and not on the close-to-perfect yoga student in front of me.

Namaste,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's Missed Legacy

A thought I find so troubling and just plain sad in the wake of the Dallas shootings and all the other racial unrest bubbling up in our na...