Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Ransomware, Malware, Etc...Protecting Your Digital World

Recently I was the victim of a ransomware virus. I couldn't believe it - an unknown, shadowy figure or figures was offering to restore my files - which now looked like a mass of hieroglyphics when opened - if I would send them $300 (Visa, Discover and Paypal gladly accepted.) What?

The worst part is - I need my computer for all my work, and I should know better. Back up, back up, back up!

Read on, friends - and take steps to protect your computer, of you haven't already.
Have a great week!

http://lapostexaminer.com/protect-you-computer-at-all-times/2015/03/24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's Missed Legacy

A thought I find so troubling and just plain sad in the wake of the Dallas shootings and all the other racial unrest bubbling up in our na...