With this season almost over, I thought I'd share a funny essay I found on the web about hockey. Parents...you get it!! (courtesy of www.hockeysource.com).
You Know You're An Avid Hockey Fan If.......
- Your idea of serving breakfast is giving each of your kids a fork and dropping an Eggo in the middle of the table.
- You reprimand your children with "minors," "majors" and "misconducts."
- When you come to a traffic signal and the light turns green, you stop.
- When you come to a traffic signal and the light turns red, you get really excited and chant, "He shoots! He scores!"
- Instead of duct tape, you use hockey tape to fix everything.
- You call a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame a "pilgrimage."
- You went into a bank because it advertised "Free Checking"....and walked out disappointed.
- You can pronounce anything in French, yet you have no idea what it means.
- Every time you hear a siren you wonder who scored.
- You're not allowed to play chess simply because the first time you played, you misunderstood the meaning of the word "Check."
- Everything in your wardrobe is your team's colors.
- Your closet is divided into 2 sections: HOME and AWAY
- You make biscuits in dimensions of 3" by 1."
- You burn the biscuits black.
- You play a game with one of the biscuits.
- You deck the guy who says, "Check, please."
- You own a Zamboni.
- You keep your Zamboni in the garage while your main car stays in the driveway.
- Your calendar only runs from October to June.
- You wonder how you will get through July, August, and September.
- When someone says, "two minutes" you respond, "What for!?!"