Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ERIN ,HERE...IT"S ON, BABY!

As Deirdre has asked me to do here at Blend of the Day, for the next month I am going to share my self-imposed 30 days of yoga.  I have told everyone I encounter, from dear friends to strangers at Whole Foods, that I am doing this.  It's ON!  So strap on your yoga pants, and get your mind clear, because here we go!

Day 1:


I awoke this morning with the joy and anticipation of a child on Christmas morning: Today was Day 1 in my personal 30-day yoga challenge. (Actually, it's Day 2 but let's just pretend it's Day 1, as I had my epiphany about wanting to do a 30-day yoga challenge while having a yummy Cosmo (or two) with friends on Sunday night. I was in no shape for yoga on Monday morning).

Why commit to such a thing, you ask? Well, for me, it really comes down to three things: my knees, my butt and my disposition. My knees are really starting to bother me from running. My butt has expressed some serious dissatisfaction with being on a spin bike all winter. And my usually sunny outlook on life and my love for fellow man needs some re-tuning. Time to regroup -- for me, a personal 30-day yoga challenge is the way to go.

Day 1 -- I am happy to report that I didn’t fall over or pull a muscle. My friend Sandy and I were fully engaged for 89 of the 90-minute session. That is, however, until we were told, "Cross your right leg over our left knee and then grab your right foot with your left hand -- and then do the same with the right leg." Giggling, we looked at each and mouthed, "What?" "Like bicycle handlebars," said the teacher. "OHHHH!” Easy as criss-cross applesauce. Mission accomplished!

I had a skip in my step when I left the studio today -- I felt happy, lighter, cleansed. I was determined to feel this way for the rest of the day. Not even the ever-present, mile-high pallets clogging the aisles at Market Basket or the lovely sticky note from my husband stating the cat's litter box was nasty and needed attention would bring me down. Looing forward to Day 2!  (Unless something better comes along.)

Namaste,

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's Missed Legacy

A thought I find so troubling and just plain sad in the wake of the Dallas shootings and all the other racial unrest bubbling up in our na...