Saturday, March 26, 2011

ERIN'S 30 DAY YOGA CHALLENGE

Day 5
OK. Truth be told, I did not go to yoga today. My third “skip day” wasn’t due to lack of motivation or drive, however. No, my lack of attendance was due to hockey, lacrosse, and the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. Yes, things were back to normal on Saturday as I reclaimed my usual spot on our family priority list – the bottom!

I must admit that I was a little relieved when I realized that my yoga class times coincided with my kids’ Saturday plans, as I’ve developed quite a strong ache in my left chest muscle – I think I’ve done one too many high-planks.

Although I didn’t get to class, I did try to employ the breathing techniques I learned while I drove to the movies and found myself engulfed in giggles, screams and a much-too-loud Lady GaGa. My deep and focused in-and-out breaths didn’t quite get me to my happy place during this chaos, but I came close enough for a busy Saturday.

As for Sunday, I am on the list for the 8 a.m. class but here’s the reality – if I don’t follow my tried-and-true wine/water/wine/water strategy at my friend’s dinner party tonight, a hangover and sleep deprivation will take their rightful place at the top of the family priority list – and I’ll be stuck with two well-intentioned but yoga-less days! Fingers-crossed... I hope I can stick to my guns!

Namaste,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's Missed Legacy

A thought I find so troubling and just plain sad in the wake of the Dallas shootings and all the other racial unrest bubbling up in our na...