Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Erin's Yoga Challenge - Halfway Ain't What I Thought it Would Be!

Day 15

I have fantasized about Day 15, the mid-point of my 30-day yoga challenge. I envisioned myself in full self-congratulation mode -- I’m talking the kind of congratulating that involves high-fives and chest-bumps with my 12-year-old son. I deserve serious credit for making it to the halfway point without seriously injuring others or myself.

But instead, I’ve greeted Day 15 with this: two girls, home from school, each with the kind of hacking, horrible cough that makes you want to bury your head in the sand so you don’t have to hear it. Not even close to my planned celebration. Another thing I didn’t plan on – a little bit of sarcasm from my 9-year-old. Upon learning she wasn’t going to school, she stated simply: “I guess no yoga for you.”

So instead of quieting my brain and enjoying my yoga success, I will be spending the day ensuring the girls are taking their inhalers every four hours and their Delsym cough medicine every 12. I will be knee-deep in Popsicles and SpongeBob. And if I am lucky, I will get in a shower and possibly make a little headway in my book during my required “nap time” for the girls.

I also have my first early morning yoga session to look forward to tomorrow– and if I hear someone coughing at 5:30 a.m., I simply will tiptoe out of the house and pretend I didn’t hear them. Dad can be on call while I’m trying to get my positive prana energy flowing.

Namaste,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's Missed Legacy

A thought I find so troubling and just plain sad in the wake of the Dallas shootings and all the other racial unrest bubbling up in our na...