Monday, April 4, 2011

Something's Gotta Give - Erin's 30-Day Yoga Challenge!

Day 14

If some morning, you find yourself lucky enough to have an extra few minutes between school drop off and your morning yoga class, DO NOT – I repeat – DO NOT stop at home to make the beds and load the dishwasher. I made this drastic error this morning and paid the price – as did the person sitting next to me in my morning yoga session.

I had it goin’ on this morning – everyone made it to school on time, teeth brushed, and lunches in hand. My yoga bag was packed with a cold water, towel and headband. Because I wasn’t scrambling (my usual morning scenario), I decided to pop home to get the house together so I could maintain my happy, cleansed self when I came home from class. As I made the beds, fed the dog, put in a load of laundry and emptied the dishwasher, I thought about how nice it was going to be not to face a morning-trashed house when I got home from my nourishing yoga session.

I was so lost in the fantasy about my clean, organized house that I totally lost track of time – the next thing I knew it was 8:53 and class started promptly at 9 a.m.! I quickly grabbed my keys, flew out the door and sped through town to my yoga studio. It wasn’t until I lay down on my yoga mat that I came to terms with a few sad realities: I forgot to brush my teeth, didn’t put on deodorant, and I had dog hair all over my black yoga pants.

My only hope was that my fellow yogis were able to keep their eyes on their own mats... and not become fixated on the obvious disaster in the room.

Namaste,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obama's Missed Legacy

A thought I find so troubling and just plain sad in the wake of the Dallas shootings and all the other racial unrest bubbling up in our na...